Monday, January 29, 2007

And so to 123

This is meme # 4, courtesy of Prab:

1. Grab the closest book to you
2. Open to page 123, look down to the 5th sentence
3. Post the next of the 3 sentences on your blog
4. Include the title and the author's name
5. Tag 3 people


He had dived for the golden sack only because he wanted to impress her. He sometimes looked in the mirror for hours at a time, making faces, tensing muscles, winking, smiling, puckering. He had never seen another man naked, and so had no idea if his body is normal...
Weird.
The book is called Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer. I used to work for Penguin Books years ago (before I had my 2nd baby, who incidentally, had taken his first 3 steps yesterday, hooray), so I have got loads of books that remains unread, and this is one of them. So if you ask me what this book is all about, I haven't got the foggest. Might tell you one day :-)
Hmm.. I'm not sure about # 5 because this meme has been goin round for months now, so I think I'll pass on this if you don't mind. Or if you haven't done this yet, go on, go on, go on.. have a go!