Friday, January 12, 2007

Can you keep a secret?

I'm quite good in keeping secrets, actually. I'm not really sure if I should tell this, but since it is Toe that asked me , I thought I'll indulge her. Remember, this is just between you and me...

  1. I use to live in a sailing boat. That was almost seven years ago. When I came here to England we use to live in a flat and my husband use to pay £500 rent which is a lot of money (mind you, this is in London), so we decided, after a year we had enough, so on to his boat (which is a nicholson32 footer, he's a keen sailor); very cramped but very practical. It was fun while it lasted; we were able to travel around because we were able to save a bit of money. Of course it was fun sailing it too. Fantastic! Then I discovered after 6 months that I'm pregnant with my first child, and it's not fun to get morning sickness on the boat, so on to the land again and the rest is history. If you ask me now if I've got sea legs, the answer is no, because I still get sea sick ( I know, I'm pathetic)! Unfortunately for the boat it was sold not so long ago; fortunately for us it saved our backside, once again, for the last time (long story).
  2. When I left home, I lied to my parents. I said I'll be coming back after six months... I returned after a year instead, then left after a month. Til now, I still feel guilty about it but sometimes you just have to follow your heart, and my heart said yessiree to him, and he's worth it (oops, parang commercial)!
  3. I'm a hypochondriac . I think it started when I had those series of unfortunate events..When l feel something's not "quite right" with me, I would phone my GP and immediately make an appointment. I'm sure he's fed up with me now, because he only sees me for about 5 minutes max.. I guess I have to look for another GP now because the last time I saw him he's got that exasperated look like he wanted rid of me right away...
  4. I'm a clean freak. Not the Monica Geller type though, well, maybe just a little bit. Well, I think it goes hand in hand with being a hypochondriac. Same story, you know clean here, scrub there; when I use a public toilet, I squat or put some loo paper on the seat..
  5. I fell off a threadmill (while it was running) ... I was doing fine you know, faster and faster then, bang! I went. That was embarassing. It happened donkeys years ago, lucky there wasn't a lot of people because it's off peak time. After that , I never went near a gym again. I just do it my way.

And my darkest secret is... what's BTW? I keep seeing that word come up (esp. on snglguy's blog) but I don't know what it means ( I know, I'm a thicko)..

So Toe, did I pass the test?