Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Starts here





It's just a few days before Christmas and tomorrow, first thing in the morning, we will be on our way to my in-laws up north. We'll be driving which is great;I find it calming and enjoyable (especially since I'm not driving).Hopefully this time we'll have a better driving condition . Two years ago, we were stranded in the snow around Cumbria; lovely scenery but it was absolutely freezing! Yikes!
We set off at 08:30, off to the motorway, by 10:30 we'll be in Birmingham, then to Manchester, Liverpool,then Newcastle, Cumbria, then to Stranraer in Scotland, where we will be taking the ferry to take us to Northern Ireland . We will be taking breaks every 2 hours, to stretch out , eat, and do what is inevitable. The journey would take about 7 hours, the ferry ride 1 1/2 hours, and by 10 pm we'll be in Belfast . Long journey , but it's worth it!
So, this may be my last post this year; my in laws don't have broadband, and even if they do, I think it will be unsociable of me to blog outside the comfort of my home. I'll try to but I doubt it.
Anyway, I want to wish you all a happy Christmas and a prosperous new year!
Looking forward to reading what you've been up to this Christmas , already...
So to my good read blogs group... Au revoir!

photo courtesy of freefoto.com