Friday, January 05, 2007




HELLOO..

...I'm back from the land where it rains 325 days a year ( I kid you not!). Happy new year to you all and I hope you had a fantastic Christmas. Mine was a washout, well, just a tad. Here's why:


Weather . Travelled through fog (the same fog that threw Heathrow to a stand still) for the first 2 hours, a glimmer of sunshine around Birmingham, from then on, drizzle, drizzle, drizzle. By the time we reached Cumbria, 'twas already dark. So much for the relaxing bucolic view I was expecting! The weather in Belfast was even worse. Gales, gales and more gales! I was hoping for a white Christmas; I got a wet one instead.Talk about a total washout. Unfortunately it doesn't end there. On our way back, 2 days ago, the Super Dooper Fast Ferry that we're supposed to get for crossing was cancelled because of youknowwhat. So we have to do with the slow one, only double the time and a bit, and "safer" and "more stable". Stable , myarse. I've never seen a lot of people get sick at one time (my 5 yr old included). I even thought the ferry would roll over! Nevermind. We are safe or I wouldn't be here.

These are the worst of times. We had a fine Christmas to start with; turkey with all the trimmings, blah, blah,blah; pulled Christmas crackers with the mother-in-law ( what a privilege, huh); laughed at corny jokes , open presents while being videoed and smiling but deep inside, one feels like screaming, "your present is ghastly" (why, oh why, dear husband, who gives presents from Argos catalogue?). Anyway, at least my kids got what they want ( I think) and they're happy. I have to say I'm pretty chuffed with my ones (could be better). We survived Christmas day without any arguments (hooray!). So, lovely Christmas, la, la, la.
The next day , went out with the husband, did a bit of shopping (sales are on by the 26th, mind) went back home ,then everything started going downhill from the on. He caught a tummy bug. And he wasn't the only one; in- laws had it, my eldest, too. I was lucky I didn't get it ( and the brother-in-law). Thing is we don't know where it came from ( I reckon it's the turkey). It went on and off for over a week and by the time they're all better, we were ready to go home. It's rotten that illness strucked us during this period of what is supposed to be the happiest days of the year. It's a total spoiler. One good thing about it is that instead of gaining weight , I lost a bit ( well, just 2 lbs. really), because every one's wary of eating, including me.
There was a one time ( when everyone seemed to be symptom free), when we were able to go out for a meal and have some fun; that was nice. We even have some photos, yippeee (see above) .
So, its another new year, another new years resolution ( one is to have a much better Christmas for next year). I started with this new template, it's ok, isn't it (if you don't like it, well tough!)? Tried my best to get this posted, in spite of us having guests (my brother-in-law and his doctor of a wife, so we have to scrub the house as soon as we got in from top to bottom, in and out). Sorry for the delay of this post (hi Verns, you cheeky girl!). This year, I'll try to post as much as I can, and that's a promise, eventhough I'm a busy mummy of two young boys (take that).
So 'til next post...